Sunday, July 10, 2005

NO E666

No Elephant 666 Orchestra performance tonight. Last minute snafus will gobble you whole. I am, however, DJ-ing horrible noise as Crisis was originally intended. I'm currently soothed by Death Ambient.

Speaking of, can anybody imagine what monster would result from a collaboration between Peter Brotzmann and Ikue Mori? A very hideous but fucking amazing one, I'm sure.

Next week we'll have our shit together (that's the second time I've said that). I've decided the Elephant 666 Orchestra's going to attempt the "rooms experiment" once and for all. For those not in the know, this is an idea I've been kicking around for two years: have musicians all set up their own equipment in separate rooms of WUOG with doors closed and no monitors. Play. Open doors after 25 minutes. Two sets. Intimidating? Oh, yes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from a former host of CRISIS! I did it circa 94-97 or thereabouts. Some of the best times ever. I occasionally had live performances/interviews at the station, although some did not happen during CRISIS hours, and some were pretaped. Noggin was one of the few bands that did the show live. Harry Pussy taped a set one Sunday afternoon during the country show. There were some amazing records in the library there. I hope that no one stole the good stuff. Every now and then I come up to do alumni radio, will try to this year. I'm glad to see that CRISIS has been reanimated.

6:26 PM  
Blogger haley said...

I am greatly enamored of that Lobster Suit.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Lars Gotrich said...

jesse, we still have many of those amazing records including quite a few i've recently discovered stashed away in the wrong places. what was your fancy playlist-wise?

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home